Kudos to me for my most internet-y blog title yet.
1. The utterly fantastic Cate Blanchett looks fantastic, acts fantastic, but can’t get over the fact the character’s a bit rubbish, really.
2. The Nazis actually did have bizarre expectations regarding occult artefacts; the Soviets did not.
3. There is too much CGI. Not as bad as the Star War prequels, but dude: too much CGI.
4. The movie just plain cops out on several levels, becoming downright sickening at certain points in a lame attempt at fan service.
5. Spielberg and Lucas are old.
Never in a million years did I think I would audibly groan at several points during an Indiana Jones movie. Suspension of disbelief is a given, and difficult to dispel: congratulations Harrison and friends, you did it. I am really, really disappointed.